Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Garbage in...Garbage out...Put the good stuff in...Get the good stuff out...

Been thinking today...

I have been listening to Zig Ziglar today and thinking to his home spun wisdom with a southern drawl and I heard something...Garbage in ...Garbage out...put the good stuff in...and of course, you get the good stuff out. He says that Intake is extremely important in life.

I have heard this from many different speakers and authors...that what steps are you taking by reading, listening, and watching T.V. or movies for means of improving your life? What books are you reading to help you with your goals? What audio books are you listening to in the car or on your audio devise...What movies or TV watching are you doing? 

Now, I have been extremely guilty...I watch some of stuff that puts the bad stuff in...and wonder at times, where some of the stuff that comes out of mouth, or my actions come from...It's because of some of the stuff I watch or listen to. I will admit, through an trauma in 1992, I have a hard time with reading but I am going to commit to reading at least a half hour a day to reading...Did you understand that...Daily...I am going to put the good stuff in...

These are the books I am going to read before the end of the year...

1. Over the Top---Zig Ziglar
2. What to say when you talk to yourself--Shad Helmstetter
3. Smart Talk for achieving your potential--Lou Tice
4. The Richest Man in Babylon---George Clason
5. Think and grow rich---Napoleon Hill
6. The greatest salesman in the world---Og Mandino
7. Success Principals---Jack Canfield

A great quote that I know by Jim Rohn...

"Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune." 

I believe success leaves a road map and that map can be found through reading...

What books do you recommend to read? What books will you commit to read by the end of the year to help you with your goals..? and would anyone like to be my accountability partner and check in with me at the end of the year to make sure I read these books :)

Jeffrey R. Carlson



 


No comments:

Post a Comment