Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Are you a Wrecker or a Builder?

I saw this Poem Today and I thought...
Are you a builder or a Wrecker?

I watched them tearing a building down,
A gang of men in a busy town…
With a ho-heave-ho and a lusty yell,
They swung a beam and a side-wall fell!
I asked the foreman: “Are these men skilled...?
...the men you would hire if you had to build?”
And he, with a laugh, said, “NO INDEED!”
“Just Common Labor is All I Need!”
“I can easily wreck in a day or two…
what builders have taken years to do.”
And I thought to myself as I went away,
“Which of these roles have I tried to play?”
“Am I a builder who works with care
Measuring life by the rule and square?
Am I shaping my deeds to a well-made plan…
Patiently doing the best I can?
(OR) Am I a wrecker who walks the town…
Content with the labor of “Tearing Down?”
Author Unknown

Now, Do you Build Up or Tear Down? 
What does this poem say to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment