Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Crossing the Finish Line....

“Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph: a beginning, a struggle, and a victory.”


I have been thinking this morning as I sit here and work through all the little tasks that I have to do in a day...
2013 has been a year with loads of obstacles, falling down, and finding out what is truly important to me...It would be easy this year to blame others and the circumstances that has occurred to me when it comes to not reaching the finish line... But.... 

One thing, I think we all love in movies, like Rocky, Rudy, and many other movies, is that when we see others go through adversity, and come out the other side winning, is that we truly want that for ourselves. I heard this in a seminar from Brian Buffini and this is so true!

We want the Victory! We Crave the Victory!

But, it is the path that we take that truly defines who we are and when we struggle, fall down, hit obstacles...how we deal with that is truly how we define ourselves. It is easy to blame others, circumstances, and events, when we fall and hit the obstacles, but in the end, it is up to us to cross the finish line. I truly believe in my heart, that if we have a clear vision, A REALLY CLEAR VISION, we can achieve anything! It might take a little bit of time. But we can do it! One last thing, do not expect nor desire a pat of your back or someone else to say Good Job! That needs to come from within and I believe you need to find a way to celebrate in your own way when you do cross the finish line. 

Jeffrey R. Carlson


No comments:

Post a Comment