Sunday, December 1, 2013

Failure is an Event...Not a Person...

"Winners dwell on and hold the self-image of that person they would most like to become. They get a vivid, clear, emotional, sensory picture of themselves as if they had already achieved their new role in life." ---Anonymous


This Holiday weekend, I have had some time to think and to do some reading...I just finished "Over the Top" by Zig Ziglar, which I highly recommend people read. Now he says in the book, that Failure is an Event, not a person, and yesterday truly did end last night. I think we have to be extremely careful about this, due to the fact their are going to be times, that people will judge us and tell us we are a failure or we are going to fail. I had this happen this year and I listened.  I started to think, in my mind, that I was a failure. But then I remembered, that a wise man named Brian Buffini said that winners and losers are only defined at the end of life and I have not left this earth yet.

Now, I know all us us have fallen and failed at something in life, but you only fail if you stay down and do not get up. I am getting set to set some 2014 goals in all my circles. I will have a crystal clear vision of what I want to accomplish in 2014. Have you started to think of what you want to achieve? Have you written down your goals? One thing, I want to impress on you, is that you must have a crystal clear vision of what you want to accomplish in 2014. You must see it as it already happened. If you fall, just get up and start down the path to you goals again..... One thing...I will say...be very careful on who you allow to tell you that you can't do something or that you are a failure. Surround yourself with people who say you can and will help you up when you fall...

Jeffrey R. Carlson
RE/MAX Masters



No comments:

Post a Comment